Prenuptial/Antenuptial AgreementPrenuptial Agreements (also known as antenuptial agreements or premarital agreements) are created and entered into to protect a party's property from being divided and given to the other spouse in the event of a divorce. While everyone desires their marriage to last a lifetime, statistics indicate that fifty percent of all first time marriages end in divorce, and the percentage increases for every approximately thereafter.
A prenuptial agreement can be very important for many reasons which may include, but are not limited to:
- Protecting substantial assets acquired prior to the marriage from division in the event of a divorce;
- Protecting from division the increase in the value of separate property at time of divorce;
- Preserving assets for children not of the relationship; and
- Protecting family property from division at the time of divorce.
The Law Office of Cheryl A. Miller, P.C. is available to discuss with you whether a prenuptial agreement is right for you and discuss with you the protections that you can expect when having such an agreement.
Why Choose Us?
- Free 20 Minute Telephone Consultation
- Experienced, Professional, Knowledgeable, & Personalized Representation
- Accessible & Responsive Communications
- Aggressive & Compassionate Representation